mTape® - Thunderbolt-enabled LTO-6 Tape Drive
mTape is the solution for the direct connection of LTO-6 tape technology to Thunderbolt-enabled computers.
As an example mTape is the ideal tool for the archive or transfer of large data sets (i.e. video files) from a Mac Pro to 2.5TB LTO6 tape. With integrated Thunderbolt to SAS bridge mTape provides a transfer speed of up to 160MB/sec.
mTape is compatible with all leading backup and archive software and supports LTFS (Linear Tape File System). With LTFS mTape represents the LTO-6 tape just like a hard drive or USB key to provide copying, moving and deletion functionality, as well as drag-and-drop capability in the user interface.
As an LTFS formatted tape can be read independently of the storage system this means any LTO-6 tape drive will support access, now and in the future, to the tape contents. This is important for those industries wishing to share significant data sets as well as those concerned about their ability to access their archived data 5, 10, 20, 30 years from now.
LTO tape offers a storage medium with a shelf life and reliability that greatly exceeds that which is achievable with spinning disk, external HDD and/or solid state technology.
mTape® Thunderbolt Highlights
• The ONLY LTO solution that is Thunderbolt certified by Apple & Intel
• Supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
• 2.5 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
• Reads and writes to both LTO 5 & 6 tapes, reads LTO 4 tapes
• Compatible with industry leading backup and archiving software
• Dual Thunderbolt ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
• External SAS port enables writing to two or more LTO drives simultaneously
• Compact, portable form-factor
• DC powered - Enables use in any environment
• Mac OSX and Windows compatible
• Ships complete with Fujifilm LT0-6 cartridge, Fujifilm Universal Cleaning Cartridge and Thunderbolt cable
We can advice you of the most cost effective Thunderbolt/LTO solution to meet your needs. Talk to us about purchasing options now: